Wednesdays at noon | starting April 1st (not kidding!)
Precisely at the halfway bark each week, AIA Mississippi invites you to a midweek dose of optimism as we break bread together (virtually). We’ll gather questions in advance and post so members can join, ready to share their experiences.
Dress quarantine casual : : Pets encouraged. : : Register at this link
Grab some takeout from your closest locally owned restaurant. We’ll have a moment where we display their logos and get a screenshot for our digital outlets so THAT’S YOUR HOMEWORK.
April 1, 2020 Launch Questions
- Are you being called on to modify existing buildings or build temporary facilities to handle infection and expected crush in occupancy? (John Anderson, AIA)
- Are your projects still proceeding or shutting down? (John Anderson, AIA)
- How do you complete a change order with no idea about new timelines? (Jeff Seabold, AIA)
- What social distancing requirements do you have on the job site? (Brian Cabunac, AIA)
- How are you keeping projects moving forward in terms of staff, client and contractor communication? (Madison Talley, AIA)
- How are you pursuing new projects when you can’t meet in person with clients? (Madison Talley, AIA)
- What is the best way to present design ideas to clients virtually? (Madison Talley, AIA)
STAFF & OFFICE OPERATIONS
- How do you adhere to requirements of direct supervision by the architect when working remotely? (Jeff Seabold, AIA)
- Is your staff social distancing in the office or telecommuting? (Brian Cabunac, AIA)
- How do you keep staff busy and productive from home? (John Anderson, AIA, Brian Cabunac, AIA)
- What steps are you taking to assure employees are safe at work? (Jeff Seabold, AIA)
- How are you keeping everyone employed and paid?
- How are you working virtually and are you moving your files to the cloud? (Belinda Stewart, FAIA)
Send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EASIEST HOMEWORK EVER
We’re ALL in this together! Grab takeout from locally owned restaurants. We’ll take a screenshot of everyone’s logos during the meeting and post it to social media to show them we’re doing our part.